Mrs. Vlasse's Summary Resume;
1) To use music as a platform for promoting social well-being by giving individuals the opportunity to connect emotionally to their world through art.
2) To compose music that serves to connect the modern world to its rich heritage, while serving as a means of exploring and documenting our present.
3) To teach music to individuals of all ages with the aim of helping them first to feel deeply understood, then to guide them in discovering growth within themselves as they overcome challenges; teaching specifically by providing an instructional environment that promotes the highest creative potential of each student, and focusing lessons on musical knowledge, technical precision, and artistic expression.
These goals serve the purpose of fostering in students a lifelong enjoyment of music and nurturing audiences to support the arts of tomorrow.
Notable Professional Accomplishments:
- 2022 GRAMMY ® - winner: "Best Classical Solo Vocal Album" MYTHOLOGIES, with Sangeeta Kaur & Hila Plitmann (featuring; Wouter Kellerman, Brendan White, Robert Thies, Eru Matsumoto, Lili Haydn, Virginie d'Avezac de Castéra, Nadeem Majdalany, Emilio D. Miler)
- 2021 Award: STEINWAY Top Piano Teacher Award.
- 2020 Winner: "Gold Medal" (recognized as Artist/Composer, for the album "Poème") at Global Music Awards.
- 2020 Winner: "Best Classical Artist" ("Piano Nocturne #4") at Radio Music Awards.
- 2020 Winner: "Best Classical Songwriter" ("La Mer") at Indie Music Channel Awards.
- 2020 Winner: "Music Video Of the Year" & "Best Classical Music Video Under $5000" ("Rêverie") at Indie Music Channel Awards.
- 2019 Winner: Best Classical Category ("Serenade II") at Global Peace Song Awards.
- 2019 (August) - Mrs. Vlasse's composing is featured on half the tracks of the album "Compassion" by Sangeeta Kaur, in collaboration with Nicolas Neidhardt and Duy Tran, and featuring (among others) GRAMMY®-winning soprano Hila Plitmann, harpist Jacqueline Marshall, GRAMMY®-nominated cellist Éru Matsumoto, bassist Mark Gorman, GRAMMY®-winning percussionist MB Gordy, and The Sterling Ensemble choir directed by Michelle Jensen.
- 2019 Winner: "Best Classical Producer" ("Serenade de Verlaine") at Indie Music Channel Awards.
- 2018 Award: “Best Classical Duo & Best Classical Producer” at the Radio Music Awards.
- 2018 Award: “Outstanding Classical Solo Artist” at the Producer's Choice Honors in Las Vegas.
- 2018 Award-winning album "Solstice" (with Mischa Lefkowitz) - Best Classical Recording at Clouzine International Music Awards.
- 2018 Winner: OUTSTANDING ACHIEVEMENT AWARD at the August 2018 Cult Critic Movie Awards™ ("Swansong" Music Video).
- 2018 1st place Winner: Music Teacher's Association of California, "Composer's Today" State Composition Contest (Advanced Division 7 - "Teaching Repertoire") for "Nocturne #2."
- 2018 Award winning album "Solstice" (with Mischa Lefkowitz) - Silver Medal - Best Duo and Best Album at Global Music Awards.
- 2018 Nominated for Hollywood Music In Media Awards "Classical/Instrumental" category (Nocturne #3, Arr for Piano and Orchestra) - in collaboration with Sanchit Balhara.
- 2018 Winner: "Album of the Year" (“Trilogies"), "Best Music Video Under $5000" ("Swansong") & "Best Special Demo" (“Nocturne For Piano and Orchestra” - collaboration with Sanchit Balhara) at Indie Music Channel Awards.
- 2018 April - Winner: MTAC Composers Today 2016 First Place in "Advanced Division, Teaching Repertoire" Category, for "Nocturne#2."
- 2018 Apr 15th, 3pm – Performance of “Serenade” by Women in Music-Columbus, (Capital University, Columbus, OH, Huntington Recital Hall).
- 2018 March 1st - Album release: "Solstice" featuring nine original piano solos composed and performed by Mrs. Vlasse, featuring Mischa Lefkowitz, violin.
- 2018 Nomination for Best Classical Album "Trilogies" - Independent Music Awards.
- 2018 Award winning album "Trilogies" - "Best Instrumental Album" - Spring 2018 CLOUZINE International Music Awards.
- 2017 Award winning album "Trilogies" - Silver Medal (Classical Piano Solo; Best Composition/Composer and Best Album) at Global Music Awards.
- 2017 Nov 20th – Winner: Radio Music Awards "Best Instrumental Recording" for “Solstice Serenade” featuring Mischa Lefkowitz.
- 2017 June – Nomination for Hollywood Music In Media Awards "Classical/Instrumental" category, for "Intermezzo D’Anniversaire.”
- 2017 Winner "Best Classical Song" (“Trois Chansons Sans Paroles” featuring Mischa Lefkowitz) & "Best Classical Demo" (“Cloudsail”) at Indie Music Channel Awards.
- 2017 Nominated for “Fantaisie #1” (Best Female Instrumental Artist) by the Indie Music Channel Awards.
- 2017 Feb 11th - Album release: "Trilogies" featuring 12 original piano solos composed and performed by Mrs. Vlasse
- 2017 Radio Airing of "3 Chansons Sans Paroles" (violin and piano) on “Music of our Mothers” radio show; WFCF, Flagler College Radio in St. Augustine, FL (Jan 25th).
- 2016 Nov 22nd – Winner: Radio Music Awards "Best Classical Recording" for “Intermezzo D’Anniversaire.”
- 2016 Oct 1st – Premiere of seven compositions with Cellist Cecilia Tsan, Pianist Bryan Pezzone, and Violinist Mischa Lefkowitz.
- 2016 June – Soundtrack contributor (Vocalist & Librettist) in collaboration with film scoring by Justin Caine Burnett on short film “The Laughing Man” Directed by Diego Hallivis.
- 2016 May 5th – New Album “Evening of Romantic Pleasure, Part 3” released jointly with Mischa Lefkowitz and Valeria Morgovskaya.
- 2016 April - Winner: MTAC Composers Today 2016 First Place in "Advanced Work" Category, for "Fantasie #2" ("SwanSong").
2016 March - Radio airing of "Intermezzo D'Anniversaire" in 5 major cities: 1) KHTL Los Angeles, California USA, 2) KHTP Phoenix, Arizona USA, 3) KHTS Shanghai, China, 4) KHTI Istanbul, Turkey, 5) KHTB Buenos Aires, Argentina.
- 2015 “Sonata #1” Aired on “Music of our Mothers” radio show; WFCF, Flagler College Radio in St. Augustine, FL (Sept 16th).
- 2015 July 18th - Premiere of composition "Moonsong" - performed by LA-based trio “Artifacto Ensemble” - Olga Katkova, violin, Sheri Pearlman, clarinet & Anthony Zediker, piano.
- 2015 July 18th - Premiere of composition "Fantasie #2" - performed by LA-based pianist Arsen Jamkotchian.
- 2015 July 11th - Premiere of composition "Nocturne #1" - performed by Spanish pianist Joaquim Bonal Sarró.
- 2015 June 12th - Album release: "Celebrations and Commemoration" recording in collaboration with Spanish pianist Carlos Marquez performing “Sonata #1” & “Rhapsodie #1”.
- 2015 Award winning composition "Fantasie #3" – 3rd Place in Music Teacher’s Association of California “Composers Today” Competition, Division VIII Advanced Work Category.
- 2015 Jan 17th - Premiere of commissioned composition "Nocturne Pour Caline" (violin & piano version) - performed by Mischa Lefkowitz of the Los Angeles Philharmonic.
- 2014 Nov 1st - Premiere of composition "Intermezzo D’Anniversaire" - performed by LA-based pianist Harout Senekeremian.
- 2014 Multiple works including “Fantasie #1” Air on “Music of our Mothers” radio show; WFCF, Flagler College Radio in St. Augustine, FL (Sept 17th).
- 2014 Award winning composition "Intermezzo D’Anniversaire" – 1st Place in Music Teacher’s Association of California “Composers Today” Competition, Division VIII Advanced Work Category.
- 2013 Album release:"12 Valses Melancoliques" recording in collaboration with German composer Stephan Beneking.
- 2013 Award winning composition "Schwanengesang - Fantasie #2" - Award of Excellence for Composition & Award of Merit for Listener Impact at Global Music Awards.
- 2013 Award winning composition "Fantasie #1" – Award of Merit in Composition at Global Music Awards.
- 2013 Seven compositions featured by a radio station from Spain (“Essence Piano Radio”).
- 2013 Founder of "Nova Musicum" an Independent Composer's Collaborative Platform.
- 2013 Collaborative contributor to new music video with Anderson & Roe Duo on Igor Stravinsky's Rite of Spring.
- 2013 Award winning composition "Fantasie #1" - Gold Medal in Composition at Prestige Music Awards.
- 2013 Award winning composition "Nocturne #1" in MTAC California State composition competition for educators, Division 8, Honorable Mention.
- 2008 Nationally Certified Teacher of Music by the MTNA.
- 2004 Composition requests by Ian Howell of Chanticleer as well as from Ensemble Amarcord (Germany).
- 2004 (December 11) Premier of original compositions Le Baiser and Barbara with Chanticleer countertenor Gerrod Pagenkopf, University of Houston.
- 2004 (April 18) Premier of original compositions; Ode a Cassandre and Regrets (UAH Tenor-Bass Chorale).
- 2003 Assistant Conductor of Fiat Canorus, a chamber chorale ensemble.
- 2002 (Nov. 1) Premier of original composition Requiem, a work for Full and Chamber Choirs, Soloists & Timpani (St.Thomas Episcopal Choir, Vox Angelica and Fiat Canorus chamber chorales under the direction of Kathy Shaw).
Music Organization Membership:
- ASCAP: American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers (Member ID#4554219).
- NARAS (The Grammys®)
- Music Teachers’ National Association (MTNA)
- Music Teachers’ Association of California (MTAC)
- California Association of Professional Music Teachers
- American Liszt Society
- International Association for Women in Music (IAWM)
- Mrs. Vlasse was the 2019 Composer in Residence for the Sterling Ensemble.