Mrs. Vlasse's Summary Resume (Abridged - contact the composer for full CV):
1) To use music as a platform for promoting social well-being by giving individuals the opportunity to connect emotionally to their world through art.
2) To compose music that serves to connect the modern world to its rich heritage, while serving as a means of exploring and documenting our present.
3) To teach music to individuals of all ages with the aim of helping them first to feel deeply understood, then to guide them in discovering growth within themselves as they overcome challenges; teaching specifically by providing an instructional environment that promotes the highest creative potential of each student, and focusing lessons on musical knowledge, technical precision, and artistic expression.
These goals serve the purpose of fostering in students a lifelong enjoyment of music and nurturing audiences to support the arts of tomorrow.
Notable Professional Accomplishments:
- 2018 Award winning album "Solstice" (with Mischa Lefkowitz) - Best Duo and Best Album at Global Music Awards.
- 2018 Nominated for Hollywood Music in Media Awards (Nocturne #3, Arr for Piano and Orchestra) - in collaboration with Sanchit Balhara.
- 2018 Winner: "Album of the Year" (“Trilogies"), "Best Music Video Under $5000" ("Swansong") & "Best Special Demo" (“Nocturne For Piano and Orchestra” - collaboration with Sanchit Balhara) at Indie Music Channel Awards.
- 2018 April - Winner: MTAC Composers Today 2016 First Place in "Advanced Division, Teaching Repertoire" Category, for "Nocturne#2."
- 2018 Apr 15th, 3pm – Performance of “Serenade” by Women in Music-Columbus, (Capital University, Columbus, OH, Huntington Recital Hall).
- 2018 March 1st - Album release: "Solstice" featuring nine original piano solos composed and performed by Mrs. Vlasse, featuring Mischa Lefkowitz, violin.
- 2018 Nomination for Best Classical Album "Trilogies" - Independent Music Awards.
- 2018 Award winning album "Trilogies" - "Best Instrumental Album" - Spring 2018 CLOUZINE International Music Awards.
- 2017 Award winning album "Trilogies" - Silver Medal (Classical Piano Solo; Best Composition/Composer and Best Album) at Global Music Awards.
- 2017 Nov 20th – Winner: Radio Music Awards "Best Instrumental Recording" for “Solstice Serenade” featuring Mischa Lefkowitz.
- 2017 June – Nomination for Hollywood Music In Media Awards "Classical/Instrumental" category, for "Intermezzo D’Anniversaire.”
- 2017 Winner "Best Classical Song" (“Trois Chansons Sans Paroles” featuring Mischa Lefkowitz) & "Best Classical Demo" (“Cloudsail”) at Indie Music Channel Awards.
- 2017 Nominated for “Fantaisie #1” (Best Female Instrumental Artist) by the Indie Music Channel Awards.
- 2017 Feb 11th - Album release: "Trilogies" featuring 12 original piano solos composed and performed by Mrs. Vlasse
- 2017 Radio Airing of "3 Chansons Sans Paroles" (violin and piano) on “Music of our Mothers” radio show; WFCF, Flagler College Radio in St. Augustine, FL (Jan 25th).
- 2016 Nov 22nd – Winner: Radio Music Awards "Best Classical Recording" for “Intermezzo D’Anniversaire.”
- 2016 Oct 1st – Premiere of seven compositions with Cellist Cecilia Tsan, Pianist Bryan Pezzone, and Violinist Mischa Lefkowitz.
- 2016 June – Soundtrack contributor (Vocalist & Librettist) in collaboration with film scoring by Justin Caine Burnett on short film “The Laughing Man” Directed by Diego Hallivis.
- 2016 May 5th – New Album “Evening of Romantic Pleasure, Part 3” released jointly with Mischa Lefkowitz and Valeria Morgovskaya.
- 2016 April - Winner: MTAC Composers Today 2016 First Place in "Advanced Work" Category, for "Fantasie #2" ("SwanSong").
2016 March - Radio airing of "Intermezzo D'Anniversaire" in 5 major cities: 1) KHTL Los Angeles, California USA, 2) KHTP Phoenix, Arizona USA, 3) KHTS Shanghai, China, 4) KHTI Istanbul, Turkey, 5) KHTB Buenos Aires, Argentina.
- 2015 “Sonata #1” Aired on “Music of our Mothers” radio show; WFCF, Flagler College Radio in St. Augustine, FL (Sept 16th).
- 2015 July 18th - Premiere of composition "Moonsong" - performed by LA-based trio “Artifacto Ensemble” - Olga Katkova, violin, Sheri Pearlman, clarinet & Anthony Zediker, piano.
- 2015 July 18th - Premiere of composition "Fantasie #2" - performed by LA-based pianist Arsen Jamkotchian.
- 2015 July 11th - Premiere of composition "Nocturne #1" - performed by Spanish pianist Joaquim Bonal Sarró.
- 2015 June 12th - Album release: "Celebrations and Commemoration" recording in collaboration with Spanish pianist Carlos Marquez performing “Sonata #1” & “Rhapsodie #1”.
- 2015 Award winning composition "Fantasie #3" – 3rd Place in Music Teacher’s Association of California “Composers Today” Competition, Division VIII Advanced Work Category.
- 2015 Jan 17th - Premiere of commissioned composition "Nocturne Pour Caline" (violin & piano version) - performed by Mischa Lefkowitz of the Los Angeles Philharmonic.
- 2014 Nov 1st - Premiere of composition "Intermezzo D’Anniversaire" - performed by LA-based pianist Harout Senekeremian.
- 2014 Multiple works including “Fantasie #1” Air on “Music of our Mothers” radio show; WFCF, Flagler College Radio in St. Augustine, FL (Sept 17th).
- 2014 Award winning composition "Intermezzo D’Anniversaire" – 1st Place in Music Teacher’s Association of California “Composers Today” Competition, Division VIII Advanced Work Category.
- 2013 Album release:"12 Valses Melancoliques" recording in collaboration with German composer Stephan Beneking.
- 2013 Award winning composition "Schwanengesang - Fantasie #2" - Award of Excellence for Composition & Award of Merit for Listener Impact at Global Music Awards Composition Competition.
- 2013 Award winning composition "Fantasie #1" – Award of Merit in Composition at Global Music Awards.
- 2013 Seven compositions featured by a radio station from Spain (“Essence Piano Radio”).
- 2013 Founder of Nova Musicum an Independent Composer's Collaborative Platform.
- 2013 Collaborative contributor to new music video with Anderson & Roe Duo on Igor Stravinsky's Rite of Spring.
- 2013 Award winning composition "Fantasie #1" - Gold Medal in Composition at Prestige Music Awards.
- 2013 Award winning composition "Nocturne #1" in MTAC California State composition competition for educators, Division 8, Honorable Mention.
- 2008 Nationally Certified Teacher of Music by the MTNA.
- 2004 Composition requests by Ian Howell of Chanticleer as well as from Ensemble Amarcord (Germany).
- 2004 (December 11) Premier of original compositions Le Baiser and Barbara with Chanticleer countertenor Gerrod Pagenkopf, University of Houston.
- 2004 (April 18) Premier of original compositions; Ode a Cassandre and Regrets (UAH Tenor-Bass Chorale).
- 2003 Assistant Conductor of Fiat Canorus, a chamber chorale ensemble.
- 2002 (Nov. 1) Premier of original composition Requiem, a work for Full and Chamber Choirs, Soloists & Timpani (St.Thomas Episcopal Choir, Vox Angelica and Fiat Canorus chamber chorales under the direction of Kathy Shaw).
Music Organization Membership:
- ASCAP: American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers
- NARAS (The Grammys®)
- Music Teachers’ National Association (MTNA)
- Music Teachers’ Association of California (MTAC)
- California Association of Professional Music Teachers
- American Liszt Society
- International Association for Women in Music (IAWM)
Principle Piano Instructors:
- 2004-2005 Nancy Weems, University of Houston
- 1999-2004 Dr. Margery McDuffie-Whatley, UAH
- 1993-1999 Hope Duvê
- 2004 (fall) University of Houston Moores School of Music Scholarship
- 2003-2004 Noojin Family Music Scholarship
- 1999-2003 Verna-Masters-Smith Memorial Scholarship
- 1999-2003 UAH Academic Excellence Scholarship
- 2008-present Nationally Certified Teacher of Music by the MTNA
- 2002-03 National Dean’s List
- 2002-03 Named in Who’s Who List of American College Students
- 1999-2000, and 2002-03 UAH Dean’s List
- 2002 Contributor to The American Muse (a national literary-arts magazine)
- 2000-2001 full season Assistant Stage Manager of Huntsville Opera Theatre
Master Class Performer with:
- 2004 Ruth Slenczynska
- 2004 Scott McBride Smith
- 2003 David Viscoli
- 2003 Olga Kern
- 2001 Thomas Otten
- 2001 Aldo Rafael Forte (composition)
- 2000 Michael Voskresensky
- 1999 Ian Hominick
- 1998, 1999 & 2002 Yakov Kasman
- 1998 Amanda Penik
Lessons with Master Teachers:
- 2004 Horacio Gutierrez
- 2004 Dr. Timothy Hester
- 2004 Hanny Schmid Wyss
- 2004 Dr. Aldo Rafael Forte (composition)
- 2003 Nancy Weems
- 2003 Dr. Laura Melton
- 2003 Dr. Timothy Ehlen
- 1998 Yakov Kasman
- 1997 Dr. Margery Whatley
Teaching , Conducting & Accompanying experience:
- 2001-present Private studio teaching.
- 2008-present Fulfillment of requirements to maintain the designation of Nationally Certified Teacher of Music by the MTNA.
- 2005 Piano faculty member at the Old Town Conservatory of Music and Performing Arts in Pasadena.
- 2003-04 Piano instructor and principle voice teacher at Tony’s School of Music.
- 2003-04 Faculty member at Hawthorne Conservatory of Music.
- 2003-04 UAH accompanist to University Men’s Choir.
- 2003 (fall) Assistant Conductor of UAH Men’s Ensemble.
- 2003 (spring and fall) Student Conductor of UAH Concert Choir.
- 2003 (spring) UAH Adult Class Piano interim teacher.