Danaë Xanthe Vlasse is the director of Music Vision Studios, where she teaches piano, theory and composition. She is an MTNA Nationally Certified Teacher with a degree in Piano Performance and over 15 years of teaching experience. As a composer she has contributed to the film industry, and her work as been featured on international radio broadcast. She is a recipient of the Clouzine International Music Awards, Radio Music Awards, multi-recipient of the Global Music Awards, and the Prestige Music Awards, as well as a multiple-winner of the MTAC “Composers Today” Advanced Division, multiple-winner of the Indie Music Channel Awards, nominated at the Independent Music Awards, and multi-nominated at the Hollywood Music in Media Awards. Furthermore, she is active in collaborations with other composers from all over the world; she has worked with composers and musicians living all over Europe, the Middle-East and India.
Mrs. Vlasse’s music has been extremely well received by critics, audiences and professional musicians, including pianist Yuja Wang, who is considering scheduling Mrs Vlasse’s three big Fantasies into future performances! Her "Neo-Romantic" works have been so appreciated by her colleagues that many teachers (including Antoinette Perry of USC) have asked for copies of scores so they can include these pieces in their student's performances and competitions.
Nearly all of Mrs. Vlasse’s music has been premiered; most recently, her music has been performed by pianists Nadia Spachenko, Mina Perry, Bryan Pezzone, Tri Nguyen (France), Arsen Jamkotchian, Carlos Marquez (Spain), Joaquim Bonal Sarro (Spain) and Harout Senekeremian, soprano Hila Plitmann, flutist Ying Li, chamber trio Artifacto Ensemble, Long-Beach-Symphony principal cellist, Cecilia Tsan, and LA-Philharmonic violinist Mischa Lefkowitz, as well as the sting quartet comprised of: Ben Bartelt and Anna Corcoran, violin, Virginie d'Avezac, viola, and
Mark Bassett, cello.
David Wilcox, the director and choreographer of the Longbeach Ballet, has also choreographed dance to Danaë's music. Further planned collaborations include working with Luxembourg-based Duo Rosa, saxophonist Chika Inoue, sopranos Darlene Koldenhoven, Christie Weber and Elisabeth Goell, as well as pianists Dr. Margery Whatley, and Dr. Eugene Alcalay. Ballerina Aitana Jordan, and figure-skater Madeline Stammen (with Cirque Du Soliel) have also incorporated Danaë's music into their performance routines.
"A golden amalgamation of originality, musicianship and talent." - Lily Clark -
Mrs. Vlasse’s native France is a clear influence in her harmonic language and melodic ideas, while her Greek heritage guides her Classical approach to structure with balanced structural form and carefully measured phrases. When asked about what inspires her music, Danaë is quick to respond “My need to create is so profound that I would keep writing even if no one ever heard a note of my music, but I am always honored for people to listen; I feel I have so much to say for which words are insufficient!”
Mrs. Vlasse is presently associated with seven albums;
- 2018 - Mrs. Vlasse and Mr. Mischa Lefkowitz released "Solstice" which offers listeners a complete collection of Danaë's violin and piano music on a single album!
- 2017 (June) - Mischa Lefkowitz featured Mrs. Vlasse's music as the grande finale to his album called "Romance."
- 2017 (Feb) - Mrs. Vlasse released a piano solo album called “Trilogies,” featuring a selection of her most popular piano pieces which combined nearly a quarter-million online plays!
- 2016 - Danaë was featured as collaborative pianist and composer for two CD recordings with the LA-Philharmonic violinist Mischa Lefkowitz – these albums are titled “Evening of Romantic Pleasure, Part 3" and "Evening of Romantic Pleasure Part 4."
- 2015 - Mrs. Vlasse released an album called “Celebrations and Commemoration” featuring her own compositions, and shared the performance of her works with the Spanish pianist Carlos Marquez.
- 2013 - Danaë released a CD called “The Swans,12 Valses Mélancoliques” in which she performed the music of the Berlin-based composer Stephan Beneking. The 1st track on the album was in the “top 10” Classical hits on Soundcloud through the 2014 New Year!
All albums are available for purchase through standard online retailers such as iTunes and Amazon.
(See "Purchase Audio Recordings" Tab on this site for direct links.)
Mrs. Vlasse is available for new music commissions; see the "Commissions" tab (left column) for further information.